Troubleshouting a installation error - Minix

This is a discussion on Troubleshouting a installation error - Minix ; I tried to install Minix 3.1.2a on a IBM Thinkpad 380XD (Pentium MMX, 96 MB RAM) and I got a "Read error 20" at the beginning. The CD image is correct as it runs on a Compaq Pentium 4 desktop ...

  1. Troubleshouting a installation error

    I tried to install Minix 3.1.2a on a IBM Thinkpad 380XD (Pentium MMX,
    96 MB RAM) and I got a "Read error 20" at the beginning.
    The CD image is correct as it runs on a Compaq Pentium 4 desktop
    computer. How to run it on the laptop? Could be a bug?
    Thanks for your suggestions.

  2. Re: Troubleshouting a installation error

    > I tried to install Minix 3.1.2a on a IBM Thinkpad 380XD (Pentium MMX,
    > 96 MB RAM) and I got a "Read error 20" at the beginning.
    > The CD image is correct as it runs on a Compaq Pentium 4 desktop
    > computer. How to run it on the laptop? Could be a bug?

    Try to disable DMA. This is done via "ata_no_dma=1" in the boot monitor.

    > Thanks for your suggestions.

    Regards,
    Sebastian

+ Reply to Thread