lpq in minix - Minix

This is a discussion on lpq in minix - Minix ; Hiya All I am trying to write a line printer queue for a stand alone computer and printer that are not connected to the network.how do I go about this? So far i have included readdir to the printer spooler ...

  1. lpq in minix

    Hiya All
    I am trying to write a line printer queue for a stand alone computer
    and printer that are not connected to the network.how do I go about
    this?
    So far i have included readdir to the printer spooler but it is
    really doing nothing.
    all the help given will be highly appreciated
    thanxs

  2. Re: lpq in minix

    dona wrote:
    > Hiya All
    > I am trying to write a line printer queue for a stand alone computer
    > and printer that are not connected to the network.how do I go about
    > this?
    > So far i have included readdir to the printer spooler but it is
    > really doing nothing.
    > all the help given will be highly appreciated
    > thanxs

    You can find a porting of the lpd/lpr bsd printing system at
    < http://minix1.woodhull.com/pub/contrib/lpr-1.4M.tar.Z >
    A revision for Minix 3 is available at my site.
    < http://giovanni.homelinux.net/minix/...lpr-1.7.tar.gz >

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --