Minix-1.5 or Minix-2.0 relates query.. - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix-1.5 or Minix-2.0 relates query.. - Minix ; Does any one here recall two programs posted to Minix group by some OS instructor at Oxford: minix-style message passing used to implement a thread managing program program to analyze minix buffer cache traces (a floppy full traces were also ...

  1. Minix-1.5 or Minix-2.0 relates query..

    Does any one here recall two programs posted to Minix group by some OS
    instructor at Oxford:
    minix-style message passing used to implement a thread managing
    program
    program to analyze minix buffer cache traces (a floppy full traces
    were also posted with it)

    Any idea where I can find these again??

    -ishwar

  2. Re: Minix-1.5 or Minix-2.0 relates query..

    On Feb 21, 9:44 pm, rat...@cps.cmich.edu wrote:
    > Does any one here recall two programs posted to Minix group by some OS
    > instructor at Oxford:
    > minix-style message passing used to implement a thread managing
    > program
    > program to analyze minix buffer cache traces (a floppy full traces
    > were also posted with it)

    I think you may be referring to a series of messages on "Practical
    exercises for MINIX class" posted to the Minix-l mailing list by Mike
    Spivey on June 11, 1992. There are 5 articles. The URL of the first
    one is
    http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa...L&P=R1766&I=-3

    A month earlier the same author posted two messages on "Practical
    classes based around Minix". The URL of the first one is
    http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa...L&P=R1020&I=-3

    - Al

+ Reply to Thread