Boot using grub - Minix

This is a discussion on Boot using grub - Minix ; Hi guys! this is my very first time on usenet.... i would like to know if i can boot minix with grub and how i can do this.... thank you! bye!...

  1. Boot using grub

    Hi guys! this is my very first time on usenet....
    i would like to know if i can boot minix with grub and how i can do
    this....
    thank you!
    bye!

  2. Re: Boot using grub

    You need to do this the same way you would boot windows, with the
    chainloader.
    The minix boot loader needs to be installed in the partition on which
    minix has been installed.

    Then the syntax is something like:
    rootnoverify(hd1,3)
    chainloader +1
    boot

    (this is from memory, so verify it)

    Regards
    Ivan

  3. Re: Boot using grub

    On 21 Feb, 10:41, "Ivan Kelly" wrote:
    > You need to do this the same way you would boot windows, with the
    > chainloader.
    > The minix boot loader needs to be installed in the partition on which
    > minix has been installed.
    >
    > Then the syntax is something like:
    > rootnoverify(hd1,3)
    > chainloader +1