Can't install Minix 3.1.2a - Minix

This is a discussion on Can't install Minix 3.1.2a - Minix ; Hi, I can successfully install Minix 3.1 CD accompanied by the OSDL 3ed book, But it come without packman. Therefore I download the 3.1.2a from web but it can't be installed successfully. It stalled at the stage when it creating ...

  1. Can't install Minix 3.1.2a

    Hi,

    I can successfully install Minix 3.1 CD accompanied by the OSDL 3ed
    book, But it come without packman. Therefore I download the 3.1.2a
    from web but it can't be installed successfully. It stalled at the
    stage when it creating subpartitioning:-

    Creating /dev/c0d0p0s1 for /home ..

    Hardware:
    PIII 600 Mz
    IDE 6G harddisk
    IDE CDROM
    PCChips M758LT motherboard

    Dear anyone who can help.

    Thanks & Regards

    Man

  2. Re: Can't install Minix 3.1.2a

    On 19 Feb., 06:39, ask-mi...@ck-brenda.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I can successfully install Minix 3.1 CD accompanied by the OSDL 3ed
    > book, But it come without packman. Therefore I download the 3.1.2a
    > from web but it can't be installed successfully. It stalled at the
    > stage when it creating subpartitioning:-
    >
    > Creating /dev/c0d0p0s1 for /home ..
    >
    > Hardware:
    > PIII 600 Mz
    > IDE 6G harddisk
    > IDE CDROM
    > PCChips M758LT motherboard
    >
    > Dear anyone who can help.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards
    >
    > Man

    HI,

    this happend on my PC too.

    -Just type 'halt'.
    -At the bootmonitor type 'ata_no_dma=1'
    -Then type 'boot'

    Everything should work fine now.

    If you like to disable the DMA mode after installation repeat the
    steps above but before 'boot' type 'save' to save the bootloader
    settings.

    Good Luck
    Andy S.

  3. Re: Can't install Minix 3.1.2a

    On Feb 20, 5:51 am, minix.20.andyh...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
    > On 19 Feb., 06:39, ask-mi...@ck-brenda.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I can successfully install Minix 3.1 CD accompanied by the OSDL 3ed
    > > book, But it come without packman. Therefore I download the 3.1.2a
    > > from web but it can't be installed successfully. It stalled at the
    > > stage when it creating subpartitioning:-

    > > Creating /dev/c0d0p0s1 for /home ..

    > > Hardware:
    > > PIII 600 Mz
    > > IDE 6G harddisk
    > > IDE CDROM
    > > PCChips M758LT motherboard

    > > Dear anyone who can help.

    > > Thanks & Regards

    > > Man

    > HI,
    >
    > this happend on my PC too.
    >
    > -Just type 'halt'.
    > -At the bootmonitor type 'ata_no_dma=1'
    > -Then type 'boot'
    >
    > Everything should work fine now.
    >
    > If you like to disable the DMA mode after installation repeat the
    > steps above but before 'boot' type 'save' to save the bootloader
    > settings.
    >
    > Good Luck
    > Andy S.

    Hi Andy,