No space on root device 3/128 - Minix

This is a discussion on No space on root device 3/128 - Minix ; Hi, I (used to) have a small Minix 3.0 setup running under Linux using qemu. But then I blundered terribly and managed to fill up my entire root partition. Now whenever I try logging in it gives the same message ...

  1. No space on root device 3/128

    Hi,

    I (used to) have a small Minix 3.0 setup running under Linux using
    qemu. But then I blundered terribly and managed to fill up my entire
    root partition. Now whenever I try logging in it gives the same
    message "No space on root device 3/128".

    Is there some way that I still can rescue my system? Is it possible to
    boot in some other way so as to be able to clear up my /root
    filesystem? Any help would be vastly appreciated as I have a ton of
    valuable info there...

    Rgds,
    Atul Mehta

  2. Re: No space on root device 3/128

    Hi,

    I found a way around this problem..I booted from the standard CD
    version and then proceeded to mount the partitions of my Minix system
    with it (/dev/c0d0p0s0 = /)..A small cleanup on it and I am back in
    business

    Rgds,
    Atul

    On Feb 15, 4:14 am, laufst...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I (used to) have a small Minix 3.0 setup running under Linux using
    > qemu. But then I blundered terribly and managed to fill up my entire
    > root partition. Now whenever I try logging in it gives the same
    > message "No space on root device 3/128".
    >
    > Is there some way that I still can rescue my system? Is it possible to
    > boot in some other way so as to be able to clear up my /root
    > filesystem? Any help would be vastly appreciated as I have a ton of
    > valuable info there...
    >
    > Rgds,
    > Atul Mehta

+ Reply to Thread