Hi,
When my machine boots into Minix 3 from the hard drive (4 gig Quantum
Fireball) it won't recognize the CD-ROM when I then try and execute
"packman".

When I then shutdown and at the d0p1s0> prompt type exit which reboots
the machine I then have the CD-ROM mounted.

When I then use packman it will ask me if I want the net. I answer
"N" and packman displays packages from both the net and the cd-rom.

I also asked not to download the source when I installed X11 and I got
the source anyway.

When I re-install later to-night I am going to be very carefull and
make notes as to what I answer and the behaviour of Minix 3.

All of this is very interesting and I am learning a lot.

Peter