Current Kernel would not mount root - Minix

This is a discussion on Current Kernel would not mount root - Minix ; I got the current minix 3.1.3rc1. It compiled under 3.1.2a OK installed OK the image 3.1.3rc1 is now in /boot/image When booting it I get this: Root device name is /dev/c0d0p0s0 vfs: warning: got process number 0 for mount call ...

  1. Current Kernel would not mount root

    I got the current minix 3.1.3rc1.
    It compiled under 3.1.2a OK installed OK
    the image 3.1.3rc1 is now in /boot/image

    When booting it I get this:

    Root device name is /dev/c0d0p0s0
    vfs: warning: got process number 0 for mount call
    newroot: mount failed: Invalid argument

    What could be wrong ?

    Karel

  2. Re: Current Kernel would not mount root

    On Feb 3, 10:23 am, "karel" wrote:
    > I got the current minix 3.1.3rc1.
    > It compiled under 3.1.2a OK installed OK
    > the image 3.1.3rc1 is now in /boot/image
    >
    > When booting it I get this:
    >
    > Root device name is /dev/c0d0p0s0
    > vfs: warning: got process number 0 for mount call
    > newroot: mount failed: Invalid argument
    >
    > What could be wrong ?
    >
    > Karel

    20060818:
    You need flex in your $PATH, which has become part of the base
    system. This needs bigger binaries.
    If you don't have flex yet, you can compile it first by doing:
    # cp /usr/src/etc/binary_sizes* /etc
    # binsizes big
    # cd /usr/src/commands/flex-2.5.4
    # sh build
    20061222:
    Install binaries in the right order because the new readdir
    implementation and the new mount program are incompatible
    with older kernels and the new kernels require the new mount.
    # cd /usr/src
    # make includes
    # make libraries
    # make cmds
    # make depend
    # cd /usr/src/tools
    # make hdboot
    # make install
    # cd ..
    # make install
    Installing fails for boot. Reboot the system
    # reboot -x 'unset image; boot'
    Now install everything
    # cd /usr/src
    # make install
    20061222:
    The archictecture-dependent/-independent split needs ARCH=
    in /etc/make.conf, included by some Makefiles and sourced by
    some shell scripts. To install it, type 'make install' in
    src/etc, or simply copy the file over.
    20070118:
    drivers.conf has been updated to include an ACL for mfs. it has
    to be installed before rebooting after an update of the mount
    command.

+ Reply to Thread