logging the boot process - Minix

This is a discussion on logging the boot process - Minix ; Is there a way to dump the bootup process to a log file? I have lots of hooks in the kernel and I need file dumps to analyze the results. -Sridhar...

  1. logging the boot process

    Is there a way to dump the bootup process to a log file? I have lots
    of hooks in the kernel and I need file dumps to analyze the results.

    -Sridhar

  2. Re: logging the boot process

    > Is there a way to dump the bootup process to a log file? I have lots
    > of hooks in the kernel and I need file dumps to analyze the results.

    Well, system process printf()s and kernel kprintf()s are normally logged
    to /var/log/messages, by way of syslogd.

    =Ben

+ Reply to Thread