Support for 64 bit integers - Minix

This is a discussion on Support for 64 bit integers - Minix ; Hi, Does anybody know the current situation on Minix support for 64 bit integers (like int64_t and uint64_t integer types)..I had read earlier in this forum that a patch for the same was going to be released. Any idea if ...

  1. Support for 64 bit integers

    Hi,

    Does anybody know the current situation on Minix support for 64 bit
    integers (like int64_t and uint64_t integer types)..I had read earlier
    in this forum that a patch for the same was going to be released. Any
    idea if it has happened?

    Thanks and Rgds,
    Atul Mehta

  2. Re: Support for 64 bit integers

    > Does anybody know the current situation on Minix support for 64 bit
    > integers (like int64_t and uint64_t integer types)..I had read earlier
    > in this forum that a patch for the same was going to be released. Any
    > idea if it has happened?

    I don't thinkt there is anyone working on native 64 bit datatypes for
    ack. Code in minix that needs 64 bit arithmetic uses the
    functions.

    They are in gcc out-of-the-box though if you're porting an application
    that needs 64 bit ints and you don't want to rewrite everything.

    =Ben

+ Reply to Thread