Status of virtual memory - Minix

This is a discussion on Status of virtual memory - Minix ; Hello all, As a semester project for school I am looking at implementing virtual memory in Minix. The book and website mention that work is being/has been done on this. Does anyone know what the current situation is? Is it ...

  1. Status of virtual memory

    Hello all,

    As a semester project for school I am looking at implementing virtual
    memory in Minix. The book and website mention that work is being/has
    been done on this. Does anyone know what the current situation is? Is
    it mostly done? Is it hardly begun?

    Please note that I am doing this for my own education; whether Minix
    "needs" virtual memory or not is a moot point.

    Thanks!
    -- Eric

  2. Re: Status of virtual memory

    On Jan 28, 4:35 pm, ssil...@stormsilver.net wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > As a semester project for school I am looking at implementing virtual
    > memory in Minix. The book and website mention that work is being/has
    > been done on this. Does anyone know what the current situation is? Is
    > it mostly done? Is it hardly begun?
    >
    > Please note that I am doing this for my own education; whether Minix
    > "needs" virtual memory or not is a moot point.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -- Eric

    Try contacting Ben Gras (email: beng AT few.vu.nl), he is in charge of
    that stuff.

+ Reply to Thread