DHCPD fail to negotiate route to DNS - Minix

This is a discussion on DHCPD fail to negotiate route to DNS - Minix ; The DHCPD gets my IP address assigned OK. But it fails to find the route to what appears to be the DNS. The error message is: ip[0]: no route to 220.237.3.57 I am using cable modem Motorola SurfBoard SB4101. Work ...

  1. DHCPD fail to negotiate route to DNS

    The DHCPD gets my IP address assigned OK. But it fails to find the
    route to what appears to be the DNS. The error message is:
    ip[0]: no route to 220.237.3.57
    I am using cable modem Motorola SurfBoard SB4101. Work OK with windoze
    XP and linux SUSE.

    Karel

  2. Re: DHCPD fail to negotiate route to DNS

    In article <1170016391.248864.178070@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups. com>,
    karel wrote:
    >The DHCPD gets my IP address assigned OK. But it fails to find the
    >route to what appears to be the DNS. The error message is:
    >ip[0]: no route to 220.237.3.57

    The Minix TCP/IP implmentation prefers router discovery using ICMPs, but
    setting a gateway in DHCP should also work.

    Use the 'dhcpd -q' command to verify that the 'gateway' field is set and
    that the gateway address falls in the subnet specified by the host's IP
    address and the netmask.

  3. Re: DHCPD fail to negotiate route to DNS

    Thanks. Now it works. It did not before.
    My minix3 box is ftp able from outside.
    But when I go through a router it does not work
    for data connection, only for "cd" "pwd" etc.
    Is there a way of getting ftpd to work behind
    a router's NAT?

    Karel

    DHCP data for network 0:
    op = 2 (REPLY)