Possible interference in the timer? - Minix

This is a discussion on Possible interference in the timer? - Minix ; I do not understand the working of the timer. In init_clock() of clock.c, timer0 is started to keep track of ticks, and later on in beep() of console.c, timer2 is started for an alarm clock. Neither timer is stopped later. ...

  1. Possible interference in the timer?

    I do not understand the working of the timer. In init_clock() of
    clock.c, timer0 is started to keep track of ticks, and later on in
    beep() of console.c, timer2 is started for an alarm clock. Neither
    timer is stopped later. Now that these two timers share the same irq
    line, won't this result in interference? I mean, for example, maybe
    clock handler will count too many ticks as a result?

  2. Re: Possible interference in the timer?

    It seems that I have asked a stupid question. Again. Please just ignore
    this question.

+ Reply to Thread