xdm dosen't work - Minix

This is a discussion on xdm dosen't work - Minix ; i install minix-3.1.2a on my system & also install all 45 package included x11. xdm command exits on my system but when i type xdm screen black doesn't appear any mess & system hang....

  1. xdm dosen't work

    i install minix-3.1.2a on my system & also install all 45 package
    included x11. xdm command exits on my system but when i type xdm screen
    black doesn't appear any mess & system hang.

  2. Re: xdm dosen't work

    chaman a écrit :

    > i install minix-3.1.2a on my system & also install all 45 package
    > included x11. xdm command exits on my system but when i type xdm screen
    > black doesn't appear any mess & system hang.

    See the topic X11R6.
    I try to group all the discussions about this topic to one discussion
    to try to fix the problem.

    Rgds,

    NB

  3. Re: xdm dosen't work

    /etc/X11/xorg.conf file doesn't exit. file exit in /etc/X11 directory
    are
    add-defaults Uxproxy rstart xdm xkb xsm fs proxymngr twn xinit
    xserver.

    entry in log file of /usr/log/XLogFile.o.log is

    (EE) unable to locate/open config file
    (II) PCI : probing config type using method
    (II) PCI : config type is 1
    (II) PCI : stages = 0x03 oldval1=0x00000000 method rest1 = 0x8000000

+ Reply to Thread