ramsize=0 ??? - Minix

This is a discussion on ramsize=0 ??? - Minix ; hi i noted that when typing sysenv on my minix (under vmware server) i get the information (amongst other things) ramsize = 0 what does that stand for? thanx, martin...

  1. ramsize=0 ???

    hi

    i noted that when typing sysenv on my minix (under vmware server) i get
    the information (amongst other things) ramsize = 0
    what does that stand for?

    thanx,

    martin

  2. Re: ramsize=0 ???

    In article <1166790036.593440.303220@h40g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    sancho1980 wrote:
    >i noted that when typing sysenv on my minix (under vmware server) i get
    >the information (amongst other things) ramsize = 0
    >what does that stand for?

    It is the size of the ramdisk. It is variable that is passed by the
    boot monitor even if it is not set explicitly.

  3. Re: ramsize=0 ???

    Philip Homburg schrieb:

    > In article <1166790036.593440.303220@h40g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    > sancho1980 wrote:
    > >i noted that when typing sysenv on my minix (under vmware server) i get
    > >the information (amongst other things) ramsize = 0
    > >what does that stand for?

    > It is the size of the ramdisk. It is variable that is passed by the
    > boot monitor even if it is not set explicitly.

    but how could it it possibly be zero when my root partition is by
    default mounted there?

    > --
    > That was it. Done. The faulty Monk was turned out into the desert where it
    > could believe what it liked, including the idea that it had been hard done
    > by. It was allowed to keep its horse, since horses were so cheap to make.
    > -- Douglas Adams in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

+ Reply to Thread