Ethernet cards - Minix

This is a discussion on Ethernet cards - Minix ; I was just wondering if Minix supports Ethernet cards. I couldn't find the code for this in the source. Thanks....

  1. Ethernet cards

    I was just wondering if Minix supports Ethernet cards. I couldn't find
    the code for this in the source.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Ethernet cards

    bob@coolgroups.com wrote:
    > I was just wondering if Minix supports Ethernet cards. I couldn't find
    > the code for this in the source.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Not as many as it would be nice to have, but some drivers are available.
    Look in the /usr/src/drivers directory.

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,
    it stops working when you open Windows.

  3. Re: Ethernet cards

    Yes,minix support some Ethernet cards.It is working in vmware machine.
    I give minix my own hostname,static IP address,gateway,dns
    nameserver,so it can ping internet domain name now.

+ Reply to Thread