how to mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4? - Minix

This is a discussion on how to mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4? - Minix ; I want to download some GNU utilities for Minix 3. Minix 3 doesn't support my network adapter, and I haven't floopy drive. So I want to mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4. Can somebody help me? By the way, ...

  1. how to mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4?

    I want to download some GNU utilities for Minix 3. Minix 3 doesn't
    support my network adapter, and I haven't floopy drive. So I want to
    mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4. Can somebody help me?
    By the way, I try to mount CD-ROM in minix 3 like this:mount -r /c0d1
    /mnt. But it doesn't work.What can I do?
    I hope you aren't confused with my poor English.

  2. Re: how to mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4?

    "pantaiyang" wrote in message
    news:1165990335.104252.193830@l12g2000cwl.googlegr oups.com...
    >I want to download some GNU utilities for Minix 3. Minix 3 doesn't
    > support my network adapter, and I haven't floopy drive. So I want to
    > mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4. Can somebody help me?
    > By the way, I try to mount CD-ROM in minix 3 like this:mount -r /c0d1
    > /mnt. But it doesn't work.What can I do?
    > I hope you aren't confused with my poor English.

    Hi! You might try the following. Create a raw partition as a minix
    partition. Then when you boot up linux use the /dev device for the newly
    created partition and tar the files you want to use in minix to that
    partition. Then shutdown Linux, boot up Minix and reverse the procedure. I
    haven't tested this, but it should work.

    The Grue

  3. Re: how to mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4?

    You can't mount a ISO image in Minix.
    Use isodir/isoread commands instead.
    ex: isodir /dev/c0d1

    On Dec 14, 9:51 pm, "James T. Sprinkle \(The Grue\)"
    wrote:
    > "pantaiyang" wrote in messagenews:1165990335.104252.193830@l12g2000cwl.g ooglegroups.com...
    >
    > >I want to download some GNU utilities for Minix 3. Minix 3 doesn't
    > > support my network adapter, and I haven't floopy drive. So I want to
    > > mount minix 3 partition in Fedora 4. Can somebody help me?
    > > By the way, I try to mount CD-ROM in minix 3 like this:mount -r /c0d1
    > > /mnt. But it doesn't work.What can I do?
    > > I hope you aren't confused with my poor English.Hi! You might try the following. Create a raw partition as a minix

    > partition. Then when you boot up linux use the /dev device for the newly
    > created partition and tar the files you want to use in minix to that
    > partition. Then shutdown Linux, boot up Minix and reverse the procedure. I
    > haven't tested this, but it should work.
    >
    > The Grue

+ Reply to Thread