error while running packman - Minix

This is a discussion on error while running packman - Minix ; I'm a minix newbie. I installed Minix 3 and everything seems to work fine. Now I wanted to install some additional packages and I ran the packman command right after logging in as the root. But the systems says: packman ...

  1. error while running packman

    I'm a minix newbie. I installed Minix 3 and everything seems to work
    fine. Now I wanted to install some additional packages and I ran the
    packman command right after logging in as the root. But the systems
    says:
    packman : File or directory could not be found!

    Can anyone please shed some light on this?

    Thanks a lot in advance!

  2. Re: error while running packman

    Buddhike de Silva wrote:
    > I'm a minix newbie. I installed Minix 3 and everything seems to work
    > fine. Now I wanted to install some additional packages and I ran the
    > packman command right after logging in as the root. But the systems
    > says:
    > packman : File or directory could not be found!
    >
    > Can anyone please shed some light on this?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!

    OK, this is solved. After installing the latest bits packman is there

    Thanks!

  3. Re: error while running packman

    I'm in the same boat. What did you do? What are "latest bits"?

    Bill

    On Dec 9, 9:56 am, "Buddhike de Silva"
    wrote:
    > Buddhike de Silva wrote:
    > > I'm a minix newbie. I installed Minix 3 and everything seems to work
    > > fine. Now I wanted to install some additional packages and I ran the
    > > packman command right after logging in as the root. But the systems
    > > says:
    > > packman : File or directory could not be found!

    > > Can anyone please shed some light on this?

    > > Thanks a lot in advance!OK, this is solved. After installing the latest bits packman is there

    > Thanks!

  4. Re: error while running packman

    Bill,

    You can download it from