what can minx 3 do? - Minix

This is a discussion on what can minx 3 do? - Minix ; Hi all, Of course, except coding. I have an old 486 pc with only 8M ram in it. I want to install minix 3 on it. But I am not so clear that what can it do? You see, since ...

  1. what can minx 3 do?

    Hi all,
    Of course, except coding.
    I have an old 486 pc with only 8M ram in it. I want to install minix
    3 on it. But I am not so clear that what can it do?
    You see, since the ram is so small. Maybe I will not install X
    circumstance. But only with console, can I view the WWW or usernet? And
    which program should I choose? I don't think I
    can go on internet only with ls or grep.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: what can minx 3 do?

    Ryan Wang,

    Okey Mr. Wang, you can still browse the WWW by installing it's
    Application package "lynx-2-8-5". This is a text based web browser.in
    deed, I am currently using two flavors of text based browser on 'nix
    one is the lynx and the other is links. I enjoy using these app because
    of it's orientation.

    Now you don't have to worry installing minix and run on your old
    pc.

    Thanks....!
    Arnold

    Ryan Wang wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Of course, except coding.
    > I have an old 486 pc with only 8M ram in it. I want to install minix
    > 3 on it. But I am not so clear that what can it do?
    > You see, since the ram is so small. Maybe I will not install X
    > circumstance. But only with console, can I view the WWW or usernet? And
    > which program should I choose? I don't think I
    > can go on internet only with ls or grep.
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread