  2. Re: Minix3 POSIX.1b and 1c, Real-time and Thread extensions??

    Davin Moolenbroek seem to port P-Threads.
    http://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html

    On 2006-12-01, dave373 wrote:
    > I am investigating the Minix3 OS as a possible base for
    > embedded/real-time projects. As far as I can make out, Minix3 does not
    > include any of the POSIX realtime or thread extensions.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this may happen? and if so, when?

    Regards,
    Mathias Krüger

  3. Re: Minix3 POSIX.1b and 1c, Real-time and Thread extensions??

    "Mathias Krüger" wrote in message
    > Davin Moolenbroek seem to port P-Threads.
    > http://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html
    >

    > On 2006-12-01, dave373 wrote:
    >> I am investigating the Minix3 OS as a possible base for
    >> embedded/real-time projects. As far as I can make out, Minix3 does not
    >> include any of the POSIX realtime or thread extensions.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if this may happen? and if so, when?
    >>

    > Regards,
    > Mathias Krüger

    It might be nice to see a progress update or some kind of indication that
    these "who is working on what" projects are moving forward. When I saw that
    there was someone else working on a threads package, I stopped researching
    threads packages to port. (Granted, this was quite awhile ago.) Of course,
    a lot of the porting seems to be going on in our own little bubbles and is
    only spoken of when it is completed for the most part.

    Everybody wants to be first-to-market. : )

    The Grue

+ Reply to Thread