Help wanted Compile Modified Code of Minix 2.0 and Install it - Minix

This is a discussion on Help wanted Compile Modified Code of Minix 2.0 and Install it - Minix ; Hi, I modified Minix 2.0 Source Code and l want to install it on my Pentium PC. I have 2.0 GB Hard Disk and 32 MB Ram. Currently I have no OS and Hard disk have one FAT 16 Partio. ...

  1. Help wanted Compile Modified Code of Minix 2.0 and Install it

    Hi,
    I modified Minix 2.0 Source Code and l want to install it on my
    Pentium PC. I have 2.0 GB Hard Disk and 32 MB Ram. Currently I have no
    OS and Hard disk have one FAT 16 Partio.

    Which is the compiler for comiple the code and How i Install it on My
    PC. I don't have any knowledge in Minix Source Compileing. If any one
    have ebook or other information about Minix 2.0 Compiling and
    installation Please send me.
    My email id : iamsumesh@gmail.com
    Help Me.

    Sumesh K.S

  2. Re: Help wanted Compile Modified Code of Minix 2.0 and Install it

    Hello,

    > I modified Minix 2.0 Source Code and l want to install it on my
    > Pentium PC. I have 2.0 GB Hard Disk and 32 MB Ram. Currently I have no
    > OS and Hard disk have one FAT 16 Partio.

    That's a nice base to play with. :-)

    > Which is the compiler for comiple the code and How i Install it on My
    > PC. I don't have any knowledge in Minix Source Compileing. If any one
    > have ebook or other information about Minix 2.0 Compiling and
    > installation Please send me.

    Read the manual page usage(8) which talks about installation and
    administration. As a part of the administration there is some information
    about compiling and installing a kernel (it is not much, but it was
    sufficient to me). If you have some Linux/Unix experience, it shouldn't be
    much of a problem.

    http://minix1.woodhull.com/current/2...8/usage.8.html

    > My email id : iamsumesh@gmail.com
    > Help Me.

    I won't send you an e-mail. :-)
    Help yourself - I hope you got enough information.
    If not, ask further.

    Regards,
    Sebastian

+ Reply to Thread