internet connection - Minix

This is a discussion on internet connection - Minix ; Would anyone care to share the sequence of events necessary to set up an internet connection with a serial modem. I have read the slip and ifconfig man pages but am unable to get a clear picture of the files ...

  1. internet connection

    Would anyone care to share the sequence of events necessary to set up
    an internet connection with a serial modem. I have read the slip and
    ifconfig man pages but am unable to get a clear picture of the files
    that need to be edited or the commands needed to initiate the
    connection.I have set up a PPP connection in Linux before but the PPP
    program seems to still be in the development stage in Minix.
    thanks

  2. Re: internet connection

    case wrote:
    > Would anyone care to share the sequence of events necessary to set up
    > an internet connection with a serial modem. I have read the slip and
    > ifconfig man pages but am unable to get a clear picture of the files
    > that need to be edited or the commands needed to initiate the
    > connection.I have set up a PPP connection in Linux before but the PPP
    > program seems to still be in the development stage in Minix.
    > thanks

  3. Re: internet connection

    In article <1168914856.024693.175790@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups. com>,
    case wrote:

    >case wrote:
    >> Would anyone care to share the sequence of events necessary to set up
    >> an internet connection with a serial modem. I have read the slip and
    >> ifconfig man pages but am unable to get a clear picture of the files
    >> that need to be edited or the commands needed to initiate the
    >> connection.I have set up a PPP connection in Linux before but the PPP
    >> program seems to still be in the development stage in Minix.

    There is ppp implementation for Minix written by Claudio Tantignone.

    I don't know if anybody tried it on Minix3.