NFS client (newbie) - Minix

This is a discussion on NFS client (newbie) - Minix ; Hello, this may be a silly question, but as I am totally newbie with minix (4 hours experience), maybe someone can help me out. Can I use minix as a NFS client? I have Linux NFS server serving couple of ...

  1. NFS client (newbie)

    Hello, this may be a silly question, but as I am totally newbie with minix
    (4 hours experience), maybe someone can help me out.

    Can I use minix as a NFS client? I have Linux NFS server serving couple of
    BSD boxes and Solaris, and I like to add my new minix into that array also,
    but when I played with mount a while I was unable to mount a NFS share.
    I also grepped NFS through /usr/src/, but it resulted nothing so I assume
    that minix does not natively support NFS? Google is usually a friend, but
    using searchwords like 'minix nfs' it returned just a bunch of Linux related
    links.

    The reason of using minix and NFS is to port my server program (Tellu
    project on freshmeat) on minix and get some experience about not-so-widely
    used system. Thanks.

    --
    /}
    @###{]::::::Jani Salonen::::::>

  2. Re: NFS client (newbie)

    All,

    > BSD boxes and Solaris, and I like to add my new minix into that array also,
    > but when I played with mount a while I was unable to mount a NFS share.
    > I also grepped NFS through /usr/src/, but it resulted nothing so I assume
    > that minix does not natively support NFS? Google is usually a friend, but
    > using searchwords like 'minix nfs' it returned just a bunch of Linux related
    > links.

    No, I'm afraid Minix doesn't have an NFS client implementation. Also,
    without a VFS it'd be pretty horrible to implement.

    =Ben

+ Reply to Thread