Minix Exercises - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix Exercises - Minix ; How long - on average - do you spend working through the end of chapter exercises? Do you attempt every exercise?...

  1. Minix Exercises

    How long - on average - do you spend working through the end of chapter
    exercises? Do you attempt every exercise?

  2. Re: Minix Exercises

    neil wrote:
    > How long - on average - do you spend working through the end of chapter
    > exercises? Do you attempt every exercise?

    I *try* to do every problem, and how long it takes varies on how well I
    took notes on the chapter (it ranges from simple bullet points to long
    rewrites of the passage in simpler terms).

    Some problems I can't do right away (e.g. the question at the end of
    chapter 2 I think that asks you to patch up the simple shell so it
    includes pipes, and so forth), so I outline a few thoughts about it
    then sleep on it. Then I try programming it, seeing if it works. If it
    did, huzzah; if not, back to step one. So in short, my algorithm is:
    1. Write problem down.
    2. Think very hard.
    3. Solve problem.
    This is the "Feynman algorithm"