Amoeba ? Alive : Dead - Minix

This is a discussion on Amoeba ? Alive : Dead - Minix ; Hi Can I ask about the status of Amoeba or Globe ? Theoretically, these have some interesting points for me. They seem to be almost starving-dead. Is there any way for me to experience those systems ? For Amoeba, it ...

  1. Amoeba ? Alive : Dead

    Hi Can I ask about the status of Amoeba or Globe ?

    Theoretically, these have some interesting points for me. They seem to
    be almost starving-dead.
    Is there any way for me to experience those systems ?

    For Amoeba, it requires lots of resources which I cann't afford to get.
    In terms of micro-kernel and OOP perspectives, it has strong interests.

    Any comment would be appreciated.

    tmK

  2. Re: Amoeba ? Alive : Dead

    tmK wrote:

    > Hi Can I ask about the status of Amoeba or Globe ?
    >
    > Theoretically, these have some interesting points for me. They seem to
    > be almost starving-dead.
    > Is there any way for me to experience those systems ?
    >
    > For Amoeba, it requires lots of resources which I cann't afford to get.
    > In terms of micro-kernel and OOP perspectives, it has strong interests.
    >
    > Any comment would be appreciated.

    I already put them question
    about Amoeba (naming which on Dutch,English,German and Latine languages read
    differently).

    Actually I asked about clastering, they say that,
    libs for clastering are going to be inplemeted.

    What about Orca?
    There are paralel C and paralel ForTran.
    It seams development goes in different way, than it may be wished and expected.

    I don't know about Globe,
    it is my super-precious couple of pennizz opinions,
    but I think task desribed as a goal of the Globe is insoluble.
    Yes, I know nobody needs my opinion. 8-}

    > tmK

+ Reply to Thread