solutions to problems - Minix

This is a discussion on solutions to problems - Minix ; hi, i've recently bough myself "the minix book" because i want to learn about operating systems..now, my question, is it possible for me to get the solutions to the end-of-chapter problems? thanx, martin...

  1. solutions to problems

    hi,
    i've recently bough myself "the minix book" because i want to learn
    about operating systems..now, my question, is it possible for me to get
    the solutions to the end-of-chapter problems?

    thanx,

    martin

  2. Re: solutions to problems

    sancho1980 wrote:

    > i've recently bough myself "the minix book" because i want to learn
    > about operating systems..now, my question, is it possible for me to get
    > the solutions to the end-of-chapter problems?

    There is a solutions manual, but it is available only to college or
    university
    instructors, by request to their Pearson/Prentice-Hall representative.

  3. Re: solutions to problems

    sancho1980 wrote:
    > hi,
    > i've recently bough myself "the minix book" because i want to learn
    > about operating systems..now, my question, is it possible for me to get
    > the solutions to the end-of-chapter problems?

    Martin,

    I haven't seen the solutions anywhere on the net, but it is possible to
    discuss them here. I will be glad to help if possible.

    Good luck,
    Bahman

  4. Re: solutions to problems

    Bahman M. wrote:
    > sancho1980 wrote:
    > > hi,
    > > i've recently bough myself "the minix book" because i want to learn
    > > about operating systems..now, my question, is it possible for me to get
    > > the solutions to the end-of-chapter problems?

    > Martin,
    >
    > I haven't seen the solutions anywhere on the net, but it is possible to
    > discuss them here. I will be glad to help if possible.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Bahman

    Alright, I'll get back to you, thanx

    Martin