Source Code - Minix

This is a discussion on Source Code - Minix ; hI i am trying to compile minix source in Linux O.s.I have the following points which confuse me. 1).I have Linux o.s and now i run makefile which is present in source code of Minix O.s,which is batch file and ...

  1. Source Code

    hI

    i am trying to compile minix source in Linux O.s.I have the following
    points
    which confuse me.
    1).I have Linux o.s and now i run makefile which is present in source
    code
    of Minix O.s,which is batch file and contains commands necessary for
    compilation of Minix o.s.
    when files compiled then where the compiled files are stored.
    2).after solution of no 1 point,I took these compiled files to windows
    o.s.here i want to creat bootable CD.so how to creat bootable
    cd.

    I Looked it in http://www.minix3.org.but dont find Solution..

  2. Re: Source Code

    Jawad Rehman wrote:
    > hI
    >
    > i am trying to compile minix source in Linux O.s.I have the following
    > points
    > which confuse me.
    > 1).I have Linux o.s and now i run makefile which is present in source
    > code
    > of Minix O.s,which is batch file and contains commands necessary for
    > compilation of Minix o.s.
    > when files compiled then where the compiled files are stored.

    Have you tried getting the Amsterdam Compiler Kit (ACK) and compiling
    the Minix source code with that?

    And make sure, of course, the Make and Makefile scripts are executable
    (right click on them and check their permissions if you are using
    GNOME).

    > 2).after solution of no 1 point,I took these compiled files to windows
    > o.s.here i want to creat bootable CD.so how to creat bootable
    > cd.
    >
    > I Looked it in http://www.minix3.org.but dont find Solution..

    Well, if you are trying to create a bootable CD, why don't you download
    and unzip the .iso images (assuming you have something like Nero of
    course, you can also burn it on Linux if you get the .zip or .tar.bz2
    archived version of the .iso image).

    Here is the URL for the iso image you should burn to the CD
    (http://www.minix3.org/download/).

  3. Re: Source Code

    Jawad Rehman wrote:
    > hI
    >
    > i am trying to compile minix source in Linux O.s.I have the following
    > points which confuse me.

    You cannot compile Minix under Linux. The executable format is not
    suitable for Minix. It would be possible if you port the ACK compiler
    to Linux and rewrite the makefiles to cross-compile.

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,