Integration of Xen-support - Minix

This is a discussion on Integration of Xen-support - Minix ; Is Xen-support going to be integrated soon, so using the provided patches to Minix sources won't be necessary anymore? Bochs is a little slow for CPU-intensive tasks, OTOH, Minix currently still a little too bare for a rather highend desktop....

  1. Integration of Xen-support

    Is Xen-support going to be integrated soon, so using the provided
    patches to Minix sources won't be necessary anymore? Bochs is a little
    slow for CPU-intensive tasks, OTOH, Minix currently still a little too
    bare for a rather highend desktop.

  2. Re: Integration of Xen-support

    Xen support is currently incomplete(missing block device and network
    drivers) and only supports xen 2.0. I have plans to start on a Xen 3
    port but this is on hold until minix's VMM system is in place.

    -ivan

    ddenbrok wrote:
    > Is Xen-support going to be integrated soon, so using the provided
    > patches to Minix sources won't be necessary anymore? Bochs is a little
    > slow for CPU-intensive tasks, OTOH, Minix currently still a little too
    > bare for a rather highend desktop.

+ Reply to Thread