OT: source for chsh.c and chfn.c for Minix-2.0.4 - Minix

This is a discussion on OT: source for chsh.c and chfn.c for Minix-2.0.4 - Minix ; Have sources for commands chsh.c and chfn.c change from 2.0.4 to 3.0 version? If so, where can I find the sources for 2.0.4 (for above commands)? They seem to be missing from Minix-2 archives at http://www.minix-vmd.org/ Any pointers will be ...

  1. OT: source for chsh.c and chfn.c for Minix-2.0.4

    Have sources for commands chsh.c and chfn.c change from 2.0.4 to 3.0
    version?
    If so, where can I find the sources for 2.0.4 (for above commands)?
    They seem to
    be missing from Minix-2 archives at http://www.minix-vmd.org/

    Any pointers will be appreciated.
    -ishwar

  2. Re: OT: source for chsh.c and chfn.c for Minix-2.0.4

    rattan@cps.cmich.edu wrote:
    > Have sources for commands chsh.c and chfn.c change from 2.0.4 to 3.0
    > version?
    > If so, where can I find the sources for 2.0.4 (for above commands)?
    > They seem to
    > be missing from Minix-2 archives at http://www.minix-vmd.org/

    In both Minix 2 and Minix 3 the chsh and chfn commands are links
    to passwd; the source file is /usr/src/commands/simple/passwd.c.
    The action taken by the program depends upon the name by which
    it is called.

    The 2.0.4 source file is dated February 1996, which means it has
    not changed since the Minix 1.7.* releases which were test
    versions for the final Minix 2 release at the end of 1996. The source
    file in the Minix 3.1.2a release is identical, although the file has
    been touched with a May 2006 timestamp.

    - Al

  3. Re: OT: source for chsh.c and chfn.c for Minix-2.0.4

    In article <1159380875.503896.22780@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.c om>,
    wrote:
    >Have sources for commands chsh.c and chfn.c change from 2.0.4 to 3.0
    >version?
    >If so, where can I find the sources for 2.0.4 (for above commands)?
    >They seem to
    >be missing from Minix-2 archives at http://www.minix-vmd.org/
    >
    >Any pointers will be appreciated.

    Did you take a look at the source of the passwd command?
    (commands/simple/passwd.c)

  4. Re: OT: source for chsh.c and chfn.c for Minix-2.0.4

    rattan@cps.cmich.edu wrote:
    > Have sources for commands chsh.c and chfn.c change from 2.0.4 to 3.0
    > version?
    > If so, where can I find the sources for 2.0.4 (for above commands)?
    > They seem to
    > be missing from Minix-2 archives at http://www.minix-vmd.org/
    >
    > Any pointers will be appreciated.
    > -ishwar