Hi to all,

I'm trying to port a program which uses setitimer with
which==ITIMER_REAL. Minix does not support setitimer. I suppose ported
programs should run on the release kernel, so adding it to the kernel
(although i think it shouldn't be too hard) is probably not a good
solution.

I guess i could create another process, which would usleep and kill to
send the right signals on (approximately) the right times. ISTM this
would be a very inefficient solution though.

Are there known workarounds for the missing function? Is anyone aware
of plans to add it to the kernel?

Thanks in advance.