run time performance of scientific computing applications - Minix

This is a discussion on run time performance of scientific computing applications - Minix ; Al wrote: > A simple approach to adding support for MMX and floating point would > penalize all processes, most of which don't need this support. I believe MMX, FP and SSE are popularly used for string operations and memory ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: run time performance of scientific computing applications

    Al wrote:
    > A simple approach to adding support for MMX and floating point would
    > penalize all processes, most of which don't need this support.

    I believe MMX, FP and SSE are popularly used for string operations and
    memory copies.

  2. Re: run time performance of scientific computing applications

    On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, M E Leypold wrote:

    > Segin writes:

    Don't feed the ding-busted trolls! Starve them in your killfile!

    3ch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2