MIOCMAP filed ? - Minix

This is a discussion on MIOCMAP filed ? - Minix ; I have Minix 3.1.3 on vmware under linux. When "startx" is typed in, the vmware graphic device is detected. but the tests for memory mapping (MIOCMAP) stopped the process. Is this a bug for vmware ? Some guys have succeeded ...

  1. MIOCMAP filed ?

    I have Minix 3.1.3 on vmware under linux.
    When "startx" is typed in, the vmware graphic device is detected. but
    the tests for memory mapping (MIOCMAP) stopped the process. Is this a
    bug for vmware ? Some guys have succeeded and posted the configuration
    files.
    I downloaded them and tried them exactly the same ways as he did. But
    the same result. (He is out of my reach)

    I don't think it a matter of configuration file. Any idea ?

    Thanks in advance
    Tyson M Kim

  2. Re: MIOCMAP filed ?

    All,

    > I have Minix 3.1.3 on vmware under linux.
    > When "startx" is typed in, the vmware graphic device is detected. but
    > the tests for memory mapping (MIOCMAP) stopped the process. Is this a
    > bug for vmware ? Some guys have succeeded and posted the configuration
    > files.
    > I downloaded them and tried them exactly the same ways as he did. But
    > the same result. (He is out of my reach)
    >
    > I don't think it a matter of configuration file. Any idea ?

    Your X package is out of sync with your Minix. A small detail was
    changed in the MIOCMAP ioctl that needs X recompiled. If you get the
    new X package using a new packman, it should work.

    =Ben

+ Reply to Thread