Hello,

Partially because of the need to gain experience, I have implemented
asynchronous communication primitives. I have started classical
linked-free memory:

http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/noweb/lfm.pdf

and then I have added two new system calls:
- post (asynchronous send)
- fetch (asynchronous receive regardless of the message origin)
To be able to implement them cleanly, they are separated from the
original code.

More details are in:

http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/wiki/...sIPCPrimitives

One of the reasons I did that is to see how much would such stuff be
slower than the original synchronous send/receive. It still not
powerful enough to be true alternative for the original primitives.
Something else is needed.

Regards
--
Matej Kosik