tulip driver - Minix

This is a discussion on tulip driver - Minix ; Hello! I burned the minix 3 iso and ran it on an i586 machine. But I can't use packman or even connect to the internet using it. The setup function referred to several ethernet card types, but I have a ...

  1. tulip driver

    Hello!

    I burned the minix 3 iso and ran it on an i586 machine. But I can't use
    packman or even connect to the internet using it.

    The setup function referred to several ethernet card types, but I have a
    standard Netgear FA-311 ethernet card (very similar to Netgear
    FA_310TX), which uses the "tulip" ethernet driver under GNU/Linux, etc.

    Is there a "tulip" driver available, or other way to connect to the
    internet? Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't do very much with minix.

    :-(

    Thanks for any help!

  2. Re: tulip driver

    In article <9n_Kg.14826$1f6.14072@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
    Default User wrote:
    >Is there a "tulip" driver available,

    No.

  3. Re: tulip driver

    > Hello!
    >
    > I burned the minix 3 iso and ran it on an i586 machine. But I can't use
    > packman or even connect to the internet using it.
    >
    > The setup function referred to several ethernet card types, but I have a
    > standard Netgear FA-311 ethernet card (very similar to Netgear
    > FA_310TX), which uses the "tulip" ethernet driver under GNU/Linux, etc.
    >
    > Is there a "tulip" driver available, or other way to connect to the
    > internet? Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't do very much with minix.
    >
    > :-(
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

    That list there is the end-all and be-all list of Ethernet support in
    Minix 3. Also, I noted the combination of Netgear Ethernet + tulip
    chipset, are you using a laptop, or a old model of Dell desktop that had
    CardBus slots in one of the 5.25" bays (above a removable HD bay)? This
    is a guess, but your ethernet is PCMCIA, right?

+ Reply to Thread