about `scp' utility - Minix

This is a discussion on about `scp' utility - Minix ; Hello comp.os.lang, I wonder (I am really curious) if I am doing something wrong but the `scp' utility does not work for me. Is it supposed to be working? In my Minix (run in QEMU as well as natively) the ...

  1. about `scp' utility

    Hello comp.os.lang,

    I wonder (I am really curious) if I am doing something wrong but the
    `scp' utility does not work for me. Is it supposed to be working?

    In my Minix (run in QEMU as well as natively) the `scp' program asks my
    password for the remote machine, accepts it and then waits and no
    actual copying seem to happen. Does someone else have a similar
    experience? Is it a bug?

    Regards
    --
    Matej Kosik

  2. Re: about `scp' utility

    Hi there.

    I have the same problem. I've tried to copy files from minix to linux,
    I've tried scp from host (linux) and from guest (minix). I'm using qemu
    tu do virtualization.

    Here's a link that may be usefull to get ssh access to guest:
    http://matteo.vaccari.name/so/minix

    Cheers.

    kosik@fiit.stuba.sk escreveu:

    > Hello comp.os.lang,
    >
    > I wonder (I am really curious) if I am doing something wrong but the
    > `scp' utility does not work for me. Is it supposed to be working?
    >
    > In my Minix (run in QEMU as well as natively) the `scp' program asks my
    > password for the remote machine, accepts it and then waits and no
    > actual copying seem to happen. Does someone else have a similar
    > experience? Is it a bug?
    >
    > Regards
    > --
    > Matej Kosik

  3. Re: about `scp' utility

    Intresting. too bad I can't make heads or tails of that guide.

    loco.loop@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi there.
    >
    > I have the same problem. I've tried to copy files from minix to linux,
    > I've tried scp from host (linux) and from guest (minix). I'm using qemu
    > tu do virtualization.
    >
    > Here's a link that may be usefull to get ssh access to guest:
    > http://matteo.vaccari.name/so/minix
    >

    > Cheers.

  4. Re: about `scp' utility

    kosik@fiit.stuba.sk wrote:

    > Hello comp.os.lang,
    >
    > I wonder (I am really curious) if I am doing something wrong but the
    > `scp' utility does not work for me. Is it supposed to be working?
    >
    > In my Minix (run in QEMU as well as natively) the `scp' program asks my
    > password for the remote machine, accepts it and then waits and no
    > actual copying seem to happen. Does someone else have a similar
    > experience? Is it a bug?
    >
    > Regards
    > --
    > Matej Kosik

    I think it is a bug...

    I compile the new 3.1.3 source I got from CVS repository but didn't
    recompile the ssh package, then scp works happily and fast.
    I haven't got enough time and energy to see what is the bug and
    what fixes it. I think it is in the inet server? (forgive my limited
    knowledge if I am wrong).

    Kun

  5. Re: about `scp' utility

    Hi Kun,

    I have exactly the same scp problem of the above on my minix 3.1.2a.
    You said I could fix this problem by using 3.1.3 instead of 3.1.2.
    How can I compile 3.1.3 from cvs on my minix machine? could you kindly
    explain about it? it will be really appreciated =)

    Thanks,
    Alex D. B. Kim

    Kun wrote:
    > kosik@fiit.stuba.sk wrote:
    >
    > > Hello comp.os.lang,
    > >
    > > I wonder (I am really curious) if I am doing something wrong but the
    > > `scp' utility does not work for me. Is it supposed to be working?
    > >
    > > In my Minix (run in QEMU as well as natively) the `scp' program asks my
    > > password for the remote machine, accepts it and then waits and no
    > > actual copying seem to happen. Does someone else have a similar
    > > experience? Is it a bug?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > --
    > > Matej Kosik

    > I think it is a bug...
    >
    > I compile the new 3.1.3 source I got from CVS repository but didn't
    > recompile the ssh package, then scp works happily and fast.
    > I haven't got enough time and energy to see what is the bug and
    > what fixes it. I think it is in the inet server? (forgive my limited
    > knowledge if I am wrong).
    >
    > Kun

  6. Re: about `scp' utility

    Alex Dong Back Kim wrote:
    > Hi Kun,
    >
    > I have exactly the same scp problem of the above on my minix 3.1.2a.
    > You said I could fix this problem by using 3.1.3 instead of 3.1.2.
    > How can I compile 3.1.3 from cvs on my minix machine? could you kindly
    > explain about it? it will be really appreciated =)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alex D. B. Kim

    First of all, get the source from the CVS repository.
    To do this, please read href="http://www.minix3.org/tracking-current.html">this
    Though, the repository is moving from CVS to SVN. I think the old
    repository still works.
    All the necessary instruction for compilingthe new kernel and libraries
    is on the
    tracking-current webpage, too.

    Kun

+ Reply to Thread