Packman won't work. - Minix

This is a discussion on Packman won't work. - Minix ; Hello. I read everything about linux, and linus torvalds. I also read, that he written the first kernel on minix, so I wanted to try out minix. Now I already downloaded it, and burned on a CD. The installation on ...

  1. Packman won't work.

    Hello.

    I read everything about linux, and linus torvalds. I also read, that he
    written the first kernel on minix, so I wanted to try out minix. Now I
    already downloaded it, and burned on a CD. The installation on my HDD
    works, but after that, I choose the Option 1 with packman. So it unpack
    and install the files. After the installation of the X-Window, there
    are an time out, and a few seconds later, there's a message, with a
    block 105. I don't know it... If I try to install manually, package
    after package, and choose the option without unpacking sources, it
    works, till g++. If I try to install this, there comes and error and I
    must take the restart button on my PC case.

    So, what to do? Is there something wrong with the software, or with the
    CD.
    And another question: I got a "Kingston Ethernal Adapter" Network card,
    but at the installation I couldn't choose it. What to do?

    I hope, anyone can help me with my problems.
    And sorry for my bad english. :3
    Christian

  2. Re: Packman won't work.

    wansart@osnabrueck-iburg.de wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I read everything about linux, and linus torvalds. I also read, that he
    > written the first kernel on minix, so I wanted to try out minix. Now I
    > already downloaded it, and burned on a CD. The installation on my HDD
    > works, but after that, I choose the Option 1 with packman. So it unpack
    > and install the files. After the installation of the X-Window, there
    > are an time out, and a few seconds later, there's a message, with a
    > block 105. I don't know it... If I try to install manually, package

    I also have this problem, confusing

+ Reply to Thread