ask: is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress? - Minix

This is a discussion on ask: is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress? - Minix ; is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?...

  1. ask: is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

    is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

  2. Re: ask: is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

    sssmin@gmail.com wrote:
    > is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

    According to http://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html , Sanket Sharma
    is working on amd64. I'm also very interested in this port. Perhaps
    Sanket can give us an update?

  3. Re: ask: is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

    Le 28-06-2006, awalrond a écrit*:

    > sssmin@gmail.com wrote:
    >> is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

    > According to http://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html , Sanket Sharma
    > is working on amd64. I'm also very interested in this port. Perhaps
    > Sanket can give us an update?

    It will be a nice idea, there nothing to show us the work in progress ?

  4. Re: ask: is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

    Hi,

    Sorry for the late reply.

    The port is still on. I worked on it quite a bit till early february,
    when I had to relocate to a new city. Thats when things came to a halt.
    However, I'm going to start work on it soon. I'm just recollecting my
    old sources and trying to set up an enviroment for the port. If you
    guys can give me a couple of days, I'll be able to give you an exact
    status.

    Let me know if you are intersted in any particular component.

    Best Regards,
    Sanket Sharma

    Guillaume R. wrote:
    > Le 28-06-2006, awalrond a écrit :
    > >
    > > sssmin@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> is MINIX3 ported to x86-64 in progress?

    > > According to http://www.minix3.org/who_doing_what.html , Sanket Sharma
    > > is working on amd64. I'm also very interested in this port. Perhaps
    > > Sanket can give us an update?
    > >

    > It will be a nice idea, there nothing to show us the work in progress ?

+ Reply to Thread