Access Control List - Minix

This is a discussion on Access Control List - Minix ; Hi there! I want to implemento ACL in minix (file system), but I dont know how to start. Can anyone tell me where is the code for the files? Can anyone tell me where is the source code that I ...

  1. Access Control List

    Hi there!

    I want to implemento ACL in minix (file system), but I dont know how to
    start.
    Can anyone tell me where is the code for the files?
    Can anyone tell me where is the source code that I need (not
    implementation)?

    I really thank the help.

  2. Re: Access Control List

    All,

    > I want to implemento ACL in minix (file system), but I dont know how to
    > start.

    That's a coincedence, I remember seeing such a lab assignment
    once

    > Can anyone tell me where is the code for the files?

    In /usr/src, for the filesystem fs/ in MINIX 2, servers/fs/ in
    MINIX 3.

    You'll also have to add calls to the library in lib/ and
    include/minix/.

    > Can anyone tell me where is the source code that I need (not
    > implementation)?

    You'll get better answers if you ask more specific questions.

    Good luck!

    =Ben

  3. Re: Access Control List

    > You'll get better answers if you ask more specific questions.

    Ok I'll try again.
    Yes, the source code for fili system in minix3 is /usr/src/servers/fs.
    I want to implement Access Constrol Lists here, but my main problem is:
    I dont know which file to edit. I want to know which file is in charge
    of files, to be able put my list there..

    Thanks.

  4. Re: Access Control List

    All,

    > Ok I'll try again.
    > Yes, the source code for fili system in minix3 is /usr/src/servers/fs.
    > I want to implement Access Constrol Lists here, but my main problem is:
    > I dont know which file to edit. I want to know which file is in charge
    > of files, to be able put my list there..

    There isn't a single file in FS that's in charge of files. The main
    reference for a file is inode; its data structure is in inode.h. The
    lookup of a name to inode is done by eat_path()/parse_path() in
    path.c. open() happens in open.c.

    In other words, can you be more specific ?

    =Ben

+ Reply to Thread