setpgid - Minix

This is a discussion on setpgid - Minix ; In what library is setpgid? I know the prototype is in unistd.h, it's a system call but there seems to be no man page on it? When linking I am getting an undefined error on this. Perhaps I'm missing something ...

  1. setpgid

    In what library is setpgid? I know the prototype is in unistd.h, it's a
    system call but there seems to be no man page on it?

    When linking I am getting an undefined error on this.

    Perhaps I'm missing something pretty basic here.

    I currently have flags:
    -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lslang -lutil -lm

  2. Re: setpgid

    In article <1149073441.463297.38390@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
    riche wrote:
    >In what library is setpgid? I know the prototype is in unistd.h, it's a
    >system call but there seems to be no man page on it?
    >
    >When linking I am getting an undefined error on this.
    >
    >Perhaps I'm missing something pretty basic here.

    Setpgid is part of job control and Minix 3 doesn't have job control.

  3. Re: setpgid

    Wow I guess I am missing something pretty basic then

    Well, this is going to be interesting trying to figure out how to get
    one of my favorite editors to work then...

    thanks much for your quick comments.

    Philip Homburg wrote:
    > In article <1149073441.463297.38390@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
    > riche wrote:
    > >In what library is setpgid? I know the prototype is in unistd.h, it's a
    > >system call but there seems to be no man page on it?
    > >
    > >When linking I am getting an undefined error on this.
    > >
    > >Perhaps I'm missing something pretty basic here.

    > Setpgid is part of job control and Minix 3 doesn't have job control.
    >

    > --
    > That was it. Done. The faulty Monk was turned out into the desert where it
    > could believe what it liked, including the idea that it had been hard done
    > by. It was allowed to keep its horse, since horses were so cheap to make.
    > -- Douglas Adams in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

+ Reply to Thread