Minix 3 cc -O options missing? - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix 3 cc -O options missing? - Minix ; I've finally got Hibachi 2.13 ported and working and thought I'd see how small I could get it (currently its 47K stripped). The man page for cc(1) says that -OS optimises for space and -OT for time under Minix 3. ...

  1. Minix 3 cc -O options missing?

    I've finally got Hibachi 2.13 ported and working and thought I'd see how
    small I could get it (currently its 47K stripped). The man page for
    cc(1) says that -OS optimises for space and -OT for time under Minix 3.
    However, when I add -OS to the makefile I get:

    cc: -OS: 'S' is not a number

    Likewise for -OT. The man page does mention -Onumber, but does not
    specify the possible values for number other than 0 and 1. So while -OS
    / -OT are documented, they don't appear to work. Are there -Onum options
    that correspond to -OS and -OT? Trying -O2 produces something a touch
    larger and -O3 core dumps with out of memory.

    --
    Anthony C Howe Skype: SirWumpus SnertSoft
    +33 6 11 89 73 78 AIM: SirWumpus Sendmail Milter Solutions

  2. Re: Minix 3 cc -O options missing?

    In article ,
    Anthony Howe wrote:
    >I've finally got Hibachi 2.13 ported and working and thought I'd see how
    >small I could get it (currently its 47K stripped). The man page for
    >cc(1) says that -OS optimises for space and -OT for time under Minix 3.
    >However, when I add -OS to the makefile I get:
    >
    > cc: -OS: 'S' is not a number
    >
    >Likewise for -OT. The man page does mention -Onumber, but does not
    >specify the possible values for number other than 0 and 1. So while -OS
    >/ -OT are documented, they don't appear to work. Are there -Onum options
    >that correspond to -OS and -OT? Trying -O2 produces something a touch
    >larger and -O3 core dumps with out of memory.

    Find the lines in /usr/lib/descr related to -OS and -OT (there are four
    lines) and move them above the line that starts with 'arg -O$n'.