Does Minix support Multithreading? - Minix

This is a discussion on Does Minix support Multithreading? - Minix ; Can I experiement with threads on both software (user) level and kernel (real processor supported threads) level. What about SMT, Super threading and hyperthreading? Thanks, Abhinav...

  1. Does Minix support Multithreading?

    Can I experiement with threads on both software (user) level and kernel
    (real processor supported threads) level. What about SMT, Super
    threading and hyperthreading?

    Thanks,
    Abhinav

  2. Re: Does Minix support Multithreading?

    All,

    > Can I experiement with threads on both software (user) level and kernel
    > (real processor supported threads) level. What about SMT, Super
    > threading and hyperthreading?

    For the time being, none of the above, as there is no ported user thread
    library (AFAIK), and Minix doesn't support kernel level threads (mainly
    due to no VM).

    =Ben

+ Reply to Thread