RAM disk driver - Minix

This is a discussion on RAM disk driver - Minix ; Hi. I am making my tiny OS. which is based on minix. currently i am loading my OS image from floppy disk. now i want to transfer this image from floppy to RAM at boot time. so subsequent file I/O ...

  1. RAM disk driver

    Hi.
    I am making my tiny OS. which is based on minix. currently i am
    from floppy to RAM at boot time. so subsequent file I/O can be
    perfromed directly through RAM disk. Does Minix have any RAM disk
    mechanism? how to get started for RAM disk driver with help of minix
    source?

    Thanks
    shalin

  2. Re: RAM disk driver

    In article <1144193184.465070.32250@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
    sap wrote:
    >Does Minix have any RAM disk
    >mechanism? how to get started for RAM disk driver with help of minix
    >source?

    The 3.1.2 beta does have a ramdisk in the image (for loading the harddisk
    driver). So you can use that as a starting point.