Stopping (binary) program the depend on 3.1.2 features from runningon 3.1.1 - Minix

This is a discussion on Stopping (binary) program the depend on 3.1.2 features from runningon 3.1.1 - Minix ; I want to know the easiest way to indicate a "minimum required" version of Minix for a binary, and have it refuse to run on anything lower. While this probably involves some user code, I have no mind doing that. ...

  1. Stopping (binary) program the depend on 3.1.2 features from runningon 3.1.1

    I want to know the easiest way to indicate a "minimum required" version
    of Minix for a binary, and have it refuse to run on anything lower.
    While this probably involves some user code, I have no mind doing that.
    Hell, code examples are welcome!

  2. Re: Stopping (binary) program the depend on 3.1.2 features from running on 3.1.1

    All,

    > I want to know the easiest way to indicate a "minimum required" version
    > of Minix for a binary, and have it refuse to run on anything lower.
    > While this probably involves some user code, I have no mind doing that.
    > Hell, code examples are welcome!

    Try calling an nonexistant function on 3.1.1, e.g. ftruncate(), and see
    if it returns -1 with errno ENOSYS. If so, exit.

    =Ben

  3. Re: Stopping (binary) program the depend on 3.1.2 features from runningon 3.1.1

    Ben Gras wrote:
    > All,
    >

    >>I want to know the easiest way to indicate a "minimum required" version
    >>of Minix for a binary, and have it refuse to run on anything lower.
    >>While this probably involves some user code, I have no mind doing that.
    >>Hell, code examples are welcome!

    > Try calling an nonexistant function on 3.1.1, e.g. ftruncate(), and see
    > if it returns -1 with errno ENOSYS. If so, exit.
    >
    > =Ben

    Hey! You've been peeking at my source again!

+ Reply to Thread