3.1.2 intallation - Minix

This is a discussion on 3.1.2 intallation - Minix ; Hi: Thanks for read this. I can't install minix 3.1.2. Boot well, run script setup and when it ask for authomatic or expert mode in partitions section: -Authomatic mode doesn't works (I've probed with two HDD's). I want install in ...

  1. 3.1.2 intallation

    Hi:
    Thanks for read this. I can't install minix 3.1.2. Boot well, run script
    setup and when it ask for authomatic or expert mode in partitions section:

    -Authomatic mode doesn't works (I've probed with two HDD's). I want install
    in primary slave (c0d1) from cdrom in secondary master. It says "the ...
    geometry obtained from the driver does not match .. geometry implied by
    [...]" (to both hdd's probed).

    -In expert mode I prepare the new partition, type 81, all cylinders, etc.
    Exit with error: "mkfs: this device can hold a filesystem" after question
    about blocksize.

    Maybe I doing something wrong. Any idea?
    Thanks.

    --
    Álvaro Jurado Cuevas
    http://krownix.selfip.net

  2. Re: 3.1.2 intallation

    ÁlvaroJurado Cuevas wrote:

    > Hi:
    > Thanks for read this. I can't install minix 3.1.2. Boot well, run script
    > setup and when it ask for authomatic or expert mode in partitions section:
    >
    > -Authomatic mode doesn't works (I've probed with two HDD's). I want
    > install in primary slave (c0d1) from cdrom in secondary master. It says
    > "the ... geometry obtained from the driver does not match .. geometry
    > implied by
    > [...]" (to both hdd's probed).
    >
    > -In expert mode I prepare the new partition, type 81, all cylinders, etc.
    > Exit with error: "mkfs: this device can hold a filesystem" after question
    > about blocksize.
    >
    > Maybe I doing something wrong. Any idea?
    > Thanks.

    Forget it, I'm stupid (arg!)
    Sorry.
    --