detecting process end - Minix

This is a discussion on detecting process end - Minix ; Is there any way by which we can detect the actual completion of a process?...

  1. detecting process end

    Is there any way by which we can detect the actual completion of a process?

  2. Re: detecting process end

    All,

    > Is there any way by which we can detect the actual completion of a process?

    If you're its parent, you get a SIGCHLD; also you can execute wait()
    and friends. Otherwise, not without extra measures.

    =Ben

  3. Re: detecting process end

    scan the user queue with p_nr if the process exists , may be u can do
    it inside the schedular(pic_proc() or sched() etc).

  4. Re: detecting process end

    scan the user queue with p_nr if the process exists , may be u can do
    it inside the schedular(pic_proc() or sched() etc).

+ Reply to Thread