Super Block Structure - Minix

This is a discussion on Super Block Structure - Minix ; Hi all I began studing minix kernel and have many problem about it. my first question is that "can anyone describe fields of SuperBlock structue?" TnX friends...

  1. Super Block Structure

    Hi all
    I began studing minix kernel and have many problem about it. my first
    question is that "can anyone describe fields of SuperBlock structue?"

    TnX friends

  2. Re: Super Block Structure

    Find the data you are searching for in /usr/src/servers/fs/super.h

    And if you wish to progress into your knowledge of Minix 3, mount your
    Minix 3 partition on Linux. See how to do it in my personal page:

    http://www.terra.es/personal2/danarag/

  3. Re: Super Block Structure

    I have seen ../fs/super.h file but couldn't understand it. such as
    "s_nzones"..!

  4. Re: Super Block Structure

    All,

    On 31 Mar 2006 01:44:57 -0800, Iraj Hedayati wrote:
    > I have seen ../fs/super.h file but couldn't understand it. such as
    > "s_nzones"..!

    Well, it's the "total device size, including bit maps etc" . But the V2
    and V3 number is in s_zones.

    Zones are the basic storage allocation units on disk. The size of a
    zone is usually the same as the block size, in s_block_size (bytes)
    (only valid in V3). The number of blocks in a zone is
    1 << s_log_zone_size.

    The total filesystem size is then s_zones zones.

    =Ben

  5. Re: Super Block Structure

    Ben Gras wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > On 31 Mar 2006 01:44:57 -0800, Iraj Hedayati wrote:
    >
    >>I have seen ../fs/super.h file but couldn't understand it. such as
    >>"s_nzones"..!

    > Well, it's the "total device size, including bit maps etc" . But the V2
    > and V3 number is in s_zones.
    >
    > Zones are the basic storage allocation units on disk. The size of a
    > zone is usually the same as the block size, in s_block_size (bytes)
    > (only valid in V3). The number of blocks in a zone is
    > 1 << s_log_zone_size.
    >
    > The total filesystem size is then s_zones zones.
    >
    > =Ben

    I think we need to add about, ohh... 100MB or so of code comments in for
    these poor folks

  6. Re: Super Block Structure

    In article ,
    Segin writes:
    [...]
    > I think we need to add about, ohh... 100MB or so of code comments in for
    > these poor folks

    Comments are good.
    Your comment is ...

+ Reply to Thread