Implementing exclusive execution of user processes! - Minix

This is a discussion on Implementing exclusive execution of user processes! - Minix ; I would like to implement emergency exclusive execution of a specific user processes until completion. During execution of a user processes, the user can specify a process to be executed until completion, thus preventing any other user process to be ...

  1. Implementing exclusive execution of user processes!

    I would like to implement emergency exclusive execution of a specific
    user processes until completion. During execution of a user processes,
    the user can specify a process to be executed until completion, thus
    preventing any other user process to be executed until the exclusive
    one is completed. Which files am I supposed to work on to get this task
    to be done? Any help would be appreciated...

  2. Re: Implementing exclusive execution of user processes!

    sales@istanbulsupermarket.com wrote:
    > I would like to implement emergency exclusive execution of a specific
    > user processes until completion. During execution of a user processes,
    > the user can specify a process to be executed until completion, thus
    > preventing any other user process to be executed until the exclusive
    > one is completed. Which files am I supposed to work on to get this task
    > to be done? Any help would be appreciated...

    There is a problem with that. The program cannot use the terminal,
    files, the network, or any hardware whatsoever until it completes,
    therefore making it's only possible output it's return code.

    This is because the terminal/network card/etc. drivers are also user
    processes.

+ Reply to Thread