Minix on vmware - Minix

This is a discussion on Minix on vmware - Minix ; Hello. I have written a short howto on how to install Minix 3.1.1 on vmware. It uses Qemu and wmware free player. I wrote it for me as documentation but if someone find it useful so use it. ) It ...

  1. Minix on vmware

    Hello.

    I have written a short howto on how to install Minix 3.1.1 on vmware.
    It uses Qemu and wmware free player. I wrote it for me as documentation
    but if someone find it useful so use it. )

    It is based on a webpage wich installs Ubuntu in the same way so this
    is the Minix version of it.

    /Reine

  2. Re: Minix on vmware

    Sorry forgot the
    link...

  3. Re: Minix on vmware

    reineelias@gmail.com writes:

    > I have written a short howto on how to install Minix 3.1.1 on vmware.
    > It uses Qemu and wmware free player. I wrote it for me as documentation
    > but if someone find it useful so use it. )

    Perhaps a silly question, but what is wrong with using the vmware
    image that is supplied on the official website?

    --
    Thomas Bjorn Andersen
    +++ATH

  4. Re: Minix on vmware

    Nothing really. I just wanted a customized image for me.

    I can understand your point of view. Just found it to be kind of
    interesting to try when i found the ubuntu howto. )

+ Reply to Thread