Any interesting req for Minix OS - Minix

This is a discussion on Any interesting req for Minix OS - Minix ; We are a group of students from india who possess hardcore C programming stuff... Any new req pls inform us so that we can contribute to Minix OS...

  1. Any interesting req for Minix OS

    We are a group of students from india who possess hardcore C
    programming stuff...
    Any new req pls inform us so that we can contribute to Minix OS

  2. Re: Any interesting req for Minix OS

    On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:52:30 -0800, anand wrote:

    > We are a group of students from india who possess hardcore C
    > programming stuff...
    > Any new req pls inform us so that we can contribute to Minix OS

    The best starting point is to take a look at

    http://www.minix3.org/index.html

    On the left, under "community" is a link "How can I help?" and another
    "Who is working on what?"
    --
    mark south: world citizen, net denizen
    echo znexfbhgu2000@lnubb.pb.hx|tr a-z n-za-m

  3. Re: Any interesting req for Minix OS

    cool keep up........:-)

    anand wrote:
    > We are a group of students from india who possess hardcore C
    > programming stuff...
    > Any new req pls inform us so that we can contribute to Minix OS

  4. Re: Any interesting req for Minix OS

    Yes, try writing a system to run ELF executables, and loading ELF shared
    libraries.

    anand wrote:
    > We are a group of students from india who possess hardcore C
    > programming stuff...
    > Any new req pls inform us so that we can contribute to Minix OS

  5. Re: Any interesting req for Minix OS

    In article ,
    Mark South wrote:

    > On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:52:30 -0800, anand wrote:
    >
    > > We are a group of students from india who possess hardcore C
    > > programming stuff...
    > > Any new req pls inform us so that we can contribute to Minix OS

    > The best starting point is to take a look at
    >
    > http://www.minix3.org/index.html
    >
    > On the left, under "community" is a link "How can I help?" and another
    > "Who is working on what?"

    Here's a few more.

    Implement virtual memory.

    Port to at least one other popular architecture, and report on issues
    for improving portability of the code base (I note 3 porting projects
    already).

    Port to an FPGA-based platform. See uCLinux on Microblaze as an example
    .

    Implement Linux emulation (easiest way: run the Linux kernel as a
    server, see the L4 project as an example (http://www.l4ka.org/).

    --
    Philip Machanick

  6. Re: Any interesting req for Minix OS

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:21:08 +1000, Philip Machanick wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Mark South wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:52:30 -0800, anand wrote:
    >>
    >> > We are a group of students from india who possess hardcore C
    >> > programming stuff...
    >> > Any new req pls inform us so that we can contribute to Minix OS

    >> The best starting point is to take a look at
    >>
    >> http://www.minix3.org/index.html
    >>
    >> On the left, under "community" is a link "How can I help?" and another
    >> "Who is working on what?"

    > Here's a few more.
    >
    > Implement virtual memory.
    >
    > Port to at least one other popular architecture, and report on issues
    > for improving portability of the code base (I note 3 porting projects
    > already).
    >
    > Port to an FPGA-based platform. See uCLinux on Microblaze as an example
    > .
    >
    > Implement Linux emulation (easiest way: run the Linux kernel as a
    > server, see the L4 project as an example (http://www.l4ka.org/).

    Those are all good projects, although VM is probably not that crucial for
    minix usability these days.

    And I thought of another one since I wrote my response. Get a lightweight
    windowing system (not X) running cleanly on top of minix. I like to be
    able to see lots of xterms and use a browser.
    --
    mark south: world citizen, net denizen
    echo znexfbhgu2000@lnubb.pb.hx|tr a-z n-za-m
    "Take it? I can't even parse it!" - Kibo, in ARK

+ Reply to Thread