Woodhull Minix website revived - Minix

This is a discussion on Woodhull Minix website revived - Minix ; My Minix1.hampshire.edu website, which first went on line as an ftp server in 1994, was taken off line in January 2006. The old P-133 machine that ran the site was experiencing frequent failures. I have now moved the web pages ...

  1. Woodhull Minix website revived

    My Minix1.hampshire.edu website, which first went on line as an ftp
    server in 1994, was taken off line in January 2006. The old P-133
    machine that ran the site was experiencing frequent failures.

    I have now moved the web pages from that machine to a server run by a
    commercial web-hosting service, at http://minix1.woodhull.com. To get
    to a modified version of the original home page click on the "old
    Minix1 home page" link or go to http://minix1.woodhull.com/index1.html.

    All of the old web pages are now available, including the Minix 2
    "Hints/FAQ" and the "Teaching with Minix" pages.

    I updated a few pages with new information and some other pages to
    deal with changes to the configuration of the site. The descriptions
    of contributed programs at http://minix1.woodhull.com/pcontrib/ are
    available, but the /pub directories have not been restored, so the
    download files are not available yet.

    This site is not running on a Minix machine, but I hope in the near
    future that I'll be able to get another Minix server running with the
    new MINIX 3. I have been testing the new release on a private ftp and
    http server, and I believe it will do as well as Minix 2. But I want
    more experience with this before going public.

    I would appreciate reports of any problems with minix1.woodhull.com.

    - Al

    [also posted to Minix-l mailing list]
    | Albert S. Woodhull |
    | awoodhull@hampshire.edu |
    | http://minix1.woodhull.com/asw/ |
    The idea is to die young as late as possible.

  2. Re: Woodhull Minix website revived

    minix3.org down?

+ Reply to Thread